Wednesday 18 January 2012

I'm actually chilly.

I've been a bit too busy sweating in the last three weeks to write. But now that I'm in the mountain-like hillside palace of the Prince of the Tigers, I am feeling much more temperate and at home/on holiday in Wales.

A photo of the view from the palace balcony (with wedding decorations up).

Nilgiri Langur monkeys, wild chooks, more birds than I would have a hope of identifying even if I were a birder, and many other rustly things are all about the palace, especially at sunrise and sunset. And there are deer, leopards, wild boar and much more around, although I've not seen them yet. And scorpions - I didn't imagine I would be wearing slippers on my feets in India. It's a bit of a Magicland away from Magicland, Minstead.

And this is where I shall sit and do my PhD for a little while ahead. Hopefully with only elephants to distract me.

More of the adventure, sweat, 'queues', pineapples and peoples of the last few weeks soon. For now, I shall ascend to my turret. I wonder if I will be able to sleep without the sound of a hundred rickshaw horns racing past my ears.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ed said...

Looks very peaceful, Lyds, you might just prove me wrong :).

21 January 2012 at 04:17  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home