Monday 13 June 2011

Belated Bingo.

I found a massive new area of rapidly deforesting peat swamp today, full of exciting little agricultural plots, oil palm plantations, swiftlet houses, coconut groves and a mixture of peoples. Shame I'm leaving tomorrow.

I also had an interview with a Lecturer and some of his students at Bintulu University. I turned up, Sarawakian hand-shake, then got led into his full class of Masters students, and had to stand at the front whilst they giggled at my Englishness. I was somewhat embarrassed....especially when the Lecturer, an imported Dr of Forestry from Indonesia (I thought no-one liked Indonesians here), asked if any of the students had any questions other than if I was married. Perhaps a bit inappropriate?! They then fed me breakfast, which helped me to forgive him. I think Sarawak could do with a few more Peat Professors (if such a thing exists). I wasn't enormously inspired.

Tonight I ate salad and tofu whilst the boys ate a dinner consisting solely of barbequed meat and beer (no salad, no carbs) for the second night in a row. I long to feed them vegetables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home