Sunday 11 December 2011

My precious pollens.

Here are a few of my beauties....




Last Monday was momentous for me....I finished counting pollen. I AM NOT COUNTING ANY MORE. (Another time I'll explain the tenuous link between pollen and palm oil.) I'm not sure how many days I've spent, how much sight I've lost, or how many Woman's Hours I've listened to in the process....but I did calculate that I've counted over 103,012 pollen grains and spores over the last 3 and a bit years. (Don't worry, that calculation didn't take up too much valuable writing time - I weighed up the costs and benefits before doing it.)


Now to analysis. I'll miss my Radio 4 marathons though.


If only pollen grains wore name tags.




I've decided not to think about the automatic pollen counter that my supervisor has just bought for my lab. It's just not cricket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home