Sunday 4 December 2011

And why not become a pioneer.

Another way of ensuring a swift end to your PhD is to not only keep growing your own food, but embark on an allotment expansion project so that you can grow even more food that you don't necessarily have time to cook (it's all about priorities though). I felt much like one of the first American pioneers today digging up fresh new earth with my fellow allotmenteer, Benj, under the mid-day sun....whilst an environmental campaigner took photos of the site we're moving into to support his argument that we're badger-loathing nature-haters. There are always two sides to an argument. Our new patch is an exciting blank/black canvas awaiting permacultural inspiration and strawberries, amongst other juicy gems.



I'd like to thank my previous plot for it's wonderful cooperation over the last 3 years and the many courgette, butternut squash and (a failed) parsnip cakes it provided in its prime.


And apparently there's always times to dress up as Santa and run around a park too, in these precious 'finishing' months.

It's all about priorities (think I've said that before). A good friend of mine, who's just finished her PhD and done wonderfully well, has made me appreciate it might be time to rethink mine! I hope there's still time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home