Sunday 21 July 2013

A dedication to Azealas.

I wanted to write a post, on the day I say goodbye to a dear friend, to commemorate my time with her.  I've had the privilege of spending the last eight weeks with this courageous, strong and beautiful woman, and going on many an adventure together.  In the early hours of this morning, I rode her across a quiet London back to her home, where her Mummy was eagerly awaiting (though she was pretty much asleep by the time I got there).

Azealas, I'd like to thank you for a wonderful eight weeks exploring the stunning Oxfordshire countryside.  You've changed my life.  I still have huge respect for my other two great companions (the Pink Stallion and Rover), don't get me wrong, but I find myself now in love with the wheeled creature that made hills dissolve infront of my eyes/legs and made far-off villages within my reach.  To Azealas and her Mummy, Ail, I am eternally grateful.  I would not be half the Half Iron (wo)Man I am today without you both.


Azealas and I, proud, mid-triathlon.  (Sunday 14th July, Marlow.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home