Saturday 15 February 2014

The Black Stallion

A starter piece of evidence to confirm that I've reached the best decade, is that my decision-making abilities are now almost off the scale.  So much so, that after about a year of contemplating making a decision, I finally actually chose* a new bicycle, and parted with the coins.  It is my first properly-fast bicycle.  Two years ago I bought what I thought was properly fast, but actually it was only quite fast, and that was only on the Bubble speed scale too.  In London, Rover is classified as old, heavy and slow.  I still love him though, as I do the Pink Stallion, whom is being looked after carefully(?) by a sister and boyfriend in Oxford, where he is safe from the perils of London town.

My new companion, the Black Stallion, is quite the looker, though this photo doesn't do him justice (and he is still in his safe-delivery outfit).


He's already been on the train south with me....



And carried me carefully to and from the Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew, several times now, on my way to and from my office.  The journey time has varied from 2 hours (thanks to the patient nearly-Dr S for accompanying me on the maiden voyage) to 57 minutes.

A view down one of the corridors.

I hope the Black Stallion and I shall have a long and rich friendship, as I did with Azealas.


*To clarify, the decision was actually made by my favourite Iron Man, but it was down to me to press the "Confirm Payment" button.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home