Monday 1 October 2012

I twarted the PhD Monster!

Evidence....



It wasn't pretty, and I nearly drowned in marshmallows, but I well and truly broke open the PhD monster's guts and am now eating its insides. It feels good. (Thank you, special chums, who captured the monster such that I could then twart it with a powerful potato masher.)

After 4 years, 103,120 (or similar) pollen grains, hours of Radio 4, some mini-breakdowns (when someone drank my milk), and quite a lot of little sleep, I have managed to hand-in what some might call (my examiners included, hopefully) a thesis. 300-odd pages, mostly of colourful pictures, and quite a few words are now out of my hands....thank bloomin goodness.

I think there are many more mumbles I'd like to record about the whole thing, and the finishing of "It", and really SO many people I'd like to say thank you to for being them and for being here, or atleast somewhere....but it will all come out in the wash at some point, I'm sure.

For now, bedtime for PhD-submitted bozoes. (I reached whole new levels of sleep-deprivation in the final week, and now know the POWER of adrenaline.)

R.I.P. PhD Monster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home