Sunday 1 June 2008

Change of plan....

After talking to an amazing Forestry Service gentleman, with wisdom lines and a long beard (and whose wife cooks delicious samosas (I presume it was his wife)), we've decided that elephants and corridors seem to be an important issue for the people in the beautiful valley where Kaziranga National Park is. So Bjorn and I are going to look at the placing of the elephant corridors and what this means for the people and wildlife. Beautiful friendly people, delicious and almost too plentiful food and such a lush environment. The internet is a bit dodgy though but I'll report again soon hopefully. Just an amazing place. India is pretty magical. Rhinos are impressive. Elephants are big. Buffalos are dangerous. Mangos are delicious. I don't think I've ever sweated so much. I'm a bit scared of big fat crickets. Bjorn and I are some of the luckiest MSc students ever. It's not a holiday though, obviously.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

Wow, Lydie, that sounds really amazing! Elephant corridors seem pretty important to me - sounds fascinating!

I went through some of the pol sci literature on national parks/land management/local people last semester (mainly focusing on the CAMPFIRE thing in Zimbabwe). All really interesting, and I loved the philosophical reflections on the relationships between humans/nature/animals/land.

Glad you're having fun - be careful of those buffalos!

1 June 2008 at 07:05  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home